Following are some highlights from the April 28, 2016 meeting.
1. Tables for the annual old school dance (scheduled for June 24, 2016) will be numbered and group ticket sales will have those corresponding numbers on them
2. Open seating will be provided for non-group sale purchases – they will be taken on a first come first served basis. No one will be able to hold seats for late arrivals
3. There will be four (4) bar stations and six (6) food stations – you will be able to bring your only alcohol, however, Xavier will provide the beer, wine, sodas, ice and mixers. The menu that will be provided by Xavier will be chicken & sausage jambalaya, seafood fettuccini, and chicken drumettes
4. The plan is to have at least three (3) photographers at the dance – the alumni association has negotiated that for every picture printed by the photographer, the association will get a pay back of $1.00 each. - Mr. Cornel Johnson is seeking recommendations for other photographers.
5. The Second Annual Alumni Picnic is scheduled for October 13, 2016 at City Park. A planning meeting is scheduled for June 11, 2016 at Shelter #1 in City Park for 11:00 a.m. Each class is asked to send a representative for this planning meeting.
6. Alumni President, along with core group, has met with members of the KIPP organization and expressed the association’s concern about keeping the aspects of the school’s heritage as part of the rebuilding. They have agreed to 1) keep the original name of the school, 2) retain the school’s colors and mascot - - they were open to hearing historical data as it relates to the school. The broken windows in the auditorium were also discussed
7. The pilings are scheduled to be placed in the ground in late June, 2016. RSD is still working on trying to secure the property on South Prieur Street for the school’s use